This is to feature the amazing SF based vegan & allergen friendly bakery Bread SRSLY. In May I attended a Celiac Convention and first tried the bread there & bought some on the spot. For those with allergies to wheat & gluten - or really anyone whose tried gluten free baked goods, know that its usually a hit or miss and can lack the taste of "real bread"
Case in point this company started by a gal named Sadie Scheffer in efforts to create actual artisanal bread that was devoid of allergens & while also being vegan, she dug deep in the art of bread-making which led to fermenting! Thats right these baked goods are actually made with bacteria, as in wild yeast which: "helps to break down the grains, making them easier to digest, and adding a pleasant tang that we call sourdough" The company uses organic ingredients, sustainable packaging and all handmade in a dedicated facility that does not use wheat or gluten anywhere nearby
Blackberries are a October seasonal fruit, while this recipe used nectarines go with peaches if you want to stick to a seasonal fruit. Its a perfect Fall bite that is filling because these breads feature: Organic White Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Sorghum Flour making them nutritionally dense & devoid of fillers. the bread is best toasted in the oven, although I am sure a toaster would also be nice. I came up with two recipes one that is sweet, like this one - & a savory one that will be up soon.
Check out Bread SRSLY & on their Instagram & Facebook
Blackberry + Lemon Preserve + Nectarine on Sourdough Toast
a couple of slices of the classic sourdough loaf
drizzle of coconut oil
1 sliced nectarine or peaches
raw honey or vegan honey
Rigoni di Asiago Organic Lemon spread
Heidi Ho Ne Chèvre Black Lava
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Slice, best in room temperature and using a quality knife, several pieces of the sourdough
- Drizzle the slices with coconut oil, about a tablespoon
- Add blackberries, I added about three plump ones or 4 mini ones
- Add your sliced nectarines
- Lightly drizzle the tops with either honey or vegan honey
- Place your toasts on parchment paper and a cookie sheet, inside the oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you'd like your toast to be
This is a sweet toast but I recommend and had it with a dollop of Heidi Ho Ne Chèvre Black Lava and it is so amazing.
You can replace the stone fruit with apples or even persimmon