Sunday, December 9, 2012

Waldeinsamkeit: "the feeling of being alone in the woods"



Well, Winter is coming soon. I love winter. Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons. If it were possible, everyday would be one of the two. We put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I still don't know what we are going to do for that day, besides run to the movie theatres to catch Les Misérables. Anyway, the other night I had a dream about owls. It is said that the Lenape Indians believed to dream of an owl, it becomes your guardian. Symbolically, owls are truth seers, and bring wisdom. I think being drawn to owls has come at a perfect time. I believe you should do what you love passionately, take risks without fear but always have happiness in your heart. To be graceful and to see the beauty in everything is key. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I have to believe in my self in order to grow, and I have to be driven in order to succeed. I think we are a lot similar to seeds, and roots, although we can't see growth right away, within the earth the roots are sprouting and blossoming. 

“As the glow of the cabin windows turned to flickers through the trees and then to black, her eyes adjusted and the starlight alone on the pure white snow was enough to light her way. The cold scorched her cheeks and her lungs, but she was warm in her fox hat and wool. An owl swooped through the spruce boughs, a slow-flying shadow, but she was not frightened. She felt old and strong, like the mountains and the river. She would find her way home.” 

Here are some woodland creature paintings up in the shop

cervidae




4 comments:

  1. beautiful paintings! The one of the deer is absolutely lovely.

    Josie
    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! This is so beautiful and you're inspiring me to get back into painting. My major piece for Art in my final year of high school was an abstract painting of a deer. There's just something about them that makes them so lovely :)

    whimxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, thank you kindly! please continue painting, never quit :) thank you for the kind words!

      Delete