Monday, January 28, 2013

Covet / Botanical Alchemy

Botanical Alchemy. 

Scents are known to have a profound effect on a person, elevating moods, relaxing the mind, and bringing to mind a vision or memory connected to a particular scent. I love lighting candles primarily beeswax, and I love incense and candlelit baths infused with a particular aromatic. Sometimes I want rose, or jasmine, or lavender. 

We connect particular scents with their origins and vision. The of scent of a rose evokes beauty, passion, love. Herbs and plants evoke gardens, nature, the feeling of being in a woodland area.  Along with recall, we are just drawn to certain things. I love the scent of the air after it rains, and the ocean waves. So I'll be be drawn to lilies and earthy scents. Also, herbs like peppermint of chamomile which are naturally relaxing due to their volatile nature cause those reactions and have been used by many cultures (Egyptians revered chamomile for their healing and soothing properties)

Etsy is a wonderful site providing access to unique and conscious sellers creating pieces that are beautiful (like the Victorian locket perfume) and ethical (like the sustainable harvested beeswax candle). Here are some pieces I am currently coveting (craving/want) and will no doubt make their way into my palms at some point this years, that's a wish & a goal. 

Please click the photo to be directed to the appropriate source. 

100% Beeswax Travel Candle by The Benevolent Bee
Victorian Inspired Perfume Locket by IlluminatedPerfume

Terrarium Kit by ABJ Glassworks

 Handmade Vegan Soap by The Little Raggamuffin

Rose and Chamomile Cleansing Nectar by Marble and Milkweed

Yarrow Buttercream by Fig+Yarrow

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my locket in this sumptuous round up Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my soaps here along with some of my favorite Etsians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this beautiful collection, Cristina! Wishing you a richly botanical year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, I have to check all of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, Cristina.. I am getting paid on Thursday and now covet all of these things and will probably end up buying them! You have perfect taste, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh these scents sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I have fallen in love with Etsy and it has become such a huge inspiration for me and my blog. I love to feature such unique and passionate brands.

    I love all of the shops you mentioned. Wonderful pics. <3

    ReplyDelete