Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Autumn Necessities 2013

autumn essentials
autumn essentials

Where to begin! This post has been a long time coming but finally compiled. A glorious treats of autumnal necessities. Today is a beautiful overcast day with a heavy chance of rain so I'm already wearing long socks, boots and sipping on some roobois tea.

Kinfolk Vol. 9 | I have had this issue since september but I have been so busy with school I only got the chance to read another wonderful compilation (as always) devoted to the weekend and as usual, beautiful photography!

Chocolita Raw "chocolate" | I love chocolate, but lately I have been trying to find alternatives and craved some raw chocolate, and came across Chocolita's brand. This chocolate is raw, vegan, and uses fairly traded organic cacao. I purchased Lemon and Pine Pollen and Blueberry Lotus. I love this
raw chocolate, Lemon & Pine Pollen is reminiscent of white chocolate, heavenly and buttery. Blueberry lotus is fragrant and you definitely get blueberry flavor without losing a dark chocolate taste. Would I purchase these again? Yes!

Fawn Lily Botanica* - c/o Organic Chai Spice Artisan Soap  I don't even know where to begin, I have long admired this shop for sticking to its methods of organic, ethically widharvested handmade products. The Chai soap is so fragrant! I initially wondered whether I would approve since chai is a distinct scent but this soap nails it perfectly & authentically: extra bonus: its made with sustainable palm oil.  Organic Botanical Delight Facial Steam It may (still) be slightly sunny here but the weather has gotten noticeably drier (and windy) which has been taking its toll on my skin and health (post on that coming soon) so I picked this facial steam to try out, very floral featuring organic chamomile, lavender, rose and other petals facia steams are used to moisturize, and given the ingredients used they can detoxify, stimulate or relax. Personally I have been dealing with a lot of allergies, congestion and dry skin so I am excited to treat my skin and respiratory system to this steam tea! If you have never done a facial steam I highly recommend watching some videos like this one or this one by Shiva to acquaint yourself. Have you ever tried a facial beauty steam?

*All of Fawn Lily Botanica's creations are handmade in small batches from medicinal and organic ingredients derived from plants, and contain no harsh chemicals, additives, fragrances, colorants, preservatives

Wildwood Hot Apple Cider Blend | Another gift from Hannah that are i super excited to try out, I have made apple cider in the past but mostly used ground spices, these are the spices in full featuring the best of autumn: star anise, cinnamon, clove etc. I really need to go get some cider to mull!

La Papierre | Owl & Moon Stationary is so sweet for writing to penpals. The sets are up to you but the envelopes are made with 30% post consumer waste, i was really please with the quality of this seller

Elysium Apothecary Beeswax Candles | I love beeswax candles more than anything, now that its Autumn the weather is dwidling down and I cannot wait to light candles, drink tea and wear wool socks. Please note beeswax candles are available as a made-to-order so just message the shop to purchase some

Colorganics Lip Tint in Earth | Whenever I order a lip tint online I always have two worries. That the color will not be as strong, or that the color will be radically different than what i initially expected. That was not the case with this lip tint, its definitely a tint, but a strong one. I'm kind of obsessed with lip tints/color and this one is filled with moisturizing goodness like hemp seed, castor and beeswax. The color I chose is a deep true brown/red.

John Masters Organics Rose Foaming Face Wash | This is actually a little sample from my friend Hannah, but I have to say I enjoy that it contains no harsh chemicals, its gluten free and contains rose damascus. I will keep using the sample and see if I will purchase the full size as a staple, I am keeping my fingers crossed for the perfect cleanser!

Wigwam® Cypress socks | Sold at Madewell these are cozy grey cotton/nylon blend socks that are made in the US and I can't get enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment