Thursday, March 27, 2014

"The silver apples of the moon, The golden apples of the sun."

Where has the time gone? Truth be told I am so happy its Spring, which coincides with my birthday (the 26th) and I love the idea of winter, more than winter - which I find to be more isolating but Spring has been really kind, full of the promise of blossom and release. My birthday was unexpectedly beautiful. I got to meet friends I have known but live terribly far, I have explored beyond my city and traded stories for dreams, totems and smiles. My best friend Kayla and I joined in the #100HappyDays challenge on instagram under the #westcoastdiaries tag. I think social media can be overwhelming but also positive at the same time. In this case, we both feel inspired to search for something that make our days a bit more sweeter. I have been planting and reading about gardening. Its a dream of mine to someday grow my all of my own produce, as much as I can. Theres a serenity and hard work in gardening, its outwardly caring for something that will sustain you - its no different than painting a work of art or creating in general. I really love the Garden In the Koop boxes because they make it so practical yet attainable whether you have limited or vast space and its all organic + ethical!

So where has the time gone? Its gone in memories, laughter, story telling, escapism, creating, resting, growing and walking. Its a detachment of the concept of "time" and simply just living day by day seeing where it takes me.

words
blessings
flowers
morning light
happiness
birthday flowers
love
postal love
tiger
oatmeal
tiger & ranunculus

3 comments:

  1. Love the photos!! Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you to the moon wolf sister! Awooooo. To inspire and be inspired. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Autumn here and the cruel heat has left us and now the cool breezes are starting to emerge.

    Happy Spring to you! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday x

    ReplyDelete