Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Monthly Favorites

Hi buns! Todays post is gonna be the start monthly series of products + companies I like and, not surprisingly are organic and nontoxic/sustainable. I'm also trying my best to support smaller companies who are kind to the planet. Here's January's picks:

organic products

Art of Tea | White Coconut Creme Tea For the longest time i have heard amazing things about this tea, I finally decided to see what buzz was about and yeah, its that darn good. Notes of organic white tea, safflower, cornflower and coconut somehow become a creamy (but vegan) blend of paradise, its just so good! Beyond this botanical dessert tea Art of Tea is on point when it comes to being sustainable both as a company and their products. i highly recommend checking out this page on all the great work they do.

AmiTea Organics Lemon Meringue Organic Tea | Once upon a time I had an amazing lemon tea (however was not vegan) and ever since then I have been searching for the perfect lemon tea blends. This blend is a citrus refreshment. It has Green Rooibos, the unfermented version honeybush who has its own health benefits good reads here & here  This blend contains lots of lemon: myrtle, balm & zest but its not overpowering and I add a little more than what the direction say. I'm dreaming up a recipe for this very tea involving mint & raw honey around spring.

Beeswax Tarts w/ Organic Rose Petals | While looking for beeswax candles I came across these pretty heart tarts and couldn't resist, they come in 12 count and are 100% organic beeswax and the petals are a sweet touch, the tarts can come in a variety of scents but if pure essential oils are your preference, message the seller for a list. These smell incredible and last a long time. I dig her shop because it reminds me of one of my favorite films Practical Magic (Amas Veritas y'all)

GoodLight Candles  | Well to use tarts you need candles and in my opinion unscented is best, especially if you are using a tart with oils added. These candles are extremely affordable and use sustainably cultivated non-GMO palm fruit, The company also donates proceeds to the very forests from which they obtain their resources.

Palm wax has been on the rise with is a good alternative to petroleum, however it is leading to  (good read) deforestation and the habitat if you do purchase products that contain palm wax I really recommend you make sure it was ethically obtained. Lets protect our (cause the earth is ours to defend) and here is an article on the effects of  rainforest + palm trees

Notable mention
Chemical Free Dog Toothpaste | I didn't get around to snapping a photo but for the pets I bought this great pup toothpaste. Dogs need a lot of care when it comes to their dental health. Especially since some eat food that is a little on the wet side, the moisture creates plaque and build up but some breeds eat softer food based on their dental anatomy. The older the dog gets the more care is needed on their health: their teeth & gums. However! This homesteading company (who are also beekeepers) from Pennsylvania creates this amazing dental care paste featuring clay, bee propolis, anise seed & more. I have been using this for my dog all month and thankfully her gum issues are getting better and it helps her have a fresh breath. All non-toxic, planted based and safe.

Be kind y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy it so much when you post your Monthly favs. Thank you for mentioning the Art of Tea especially. I am off to visit and shop some of these great mentions!

    ReplyDelete