Thursday, December 29, 2016

Zero Waste + Minimalist & Palm Oil Free Bath Guide


We are a few days away from the year ending and I have my own plans written down and I've got my Kleen Kanteen on call. Still I am thinking about the year beginning and perhaps many of us should pass the torch from reflection to decompressing. From the holidays, from the ending of a year, & everything that came with it. 

Bath-rituals are my favorite part of the day (besides coffee). It's the ritual of cleansing and unwinding from the day and getting ready to rest your head and have sweet dreams. To keep my showers environmentally conscious I time them and I tend to find myself unconsciously meditating through then. Treat yourself with this ethical + zero waste guide on organic & wildcrafted bath & wash products. Part two will come in 2017!



bath

Heal / Acure Organics Dry Body Spray in Marula + Argan | y’all this product smells like a tropical island. Coconut, sea buckthorn and argan oil make this a healing oil that can be used on the ends of your hair or a body spray. It’s vegan and fragrance free with only botanicals making this blend. The bottle is recyclable – a really delicious investment piece because a little goes a long way with oil. You need not too much to soothe with this oil

Wash/ Gaia Entrancic Ah, I am proud of myself for finding a palm oil free package-free soap. Its not easy, even if you go to natural health/food stores, its still manages to find its way there. Gaia Entrancic makes vegan & palm oil free soaps that are also organic and packaged sustainably. Several of the ingredients are harvested from shop-owner Kaitlin’s garden and smell wonderful. She offers a variety of scents that rely on essential oils & not fragrance or synthetics.

Scent / Aura Aroma: Air, Body & Upholstery Mist | A multipurpose spray that is made with witch hazel and essential oils. I chose Tranquility that is a blend of bergamot, cedar-wood, sage, lavender, and neroli. These come in glass bottles made from recycled materials. I like spraying them in the shower and then after ward when I head to sleep.

Cleanse / Toockies Certified Organic “Her” Washcloths | These hand knit washcloths are perfect for washing or dry scrubbing (stimulate circulation). you can also machine-wash them in the dryer when needed, but when their time is up? These cloths are compostable and or can be recycled/reused as you wish. Zero waste and beautiful organic weaving. Even more is the story behind the knitters:  these are fair trade products made by women who earn a living wage through Toockies Project, these women are given a voice – the company adds their photographs a small note on the products they have knit and anyone who wants to know who created the garment can look her up.

Soothe / Fat & the Moon All Salve | I have an unfortunate tendency to get dry lips and palms during the winter. The drop in temperature and shift of seasons tends to cause issues. This All Salve is a rescue balm with Calendula, Comfrey and Yerba Mansa infused sunflower oil for applying on my lips, hands and under eye area after a shower or when needed. This is an organic based blend and its plastic-free, it comes in a metal tin which can be reused or up-cycled.


No comments:

Post a Comment